Monday, April 22, 2013

Crock Pot Adventures

This weekend I decided to have a crock pot adventure!!! I had a few options for Chris to choose from and he chose crock pot pizza! 
sounds interesting right? 
it turned out amazing! who knew pasta could be make to taste like pizza!! 
I found this recipe at crockpotdudes.com from Pintrest!! 

I wish I took a picture because it turned out amazing!! 
*I replaced mushrooms with olives and it was fantastic. 
I also did it with a pasta/pizza sauce so it tasted more like a lasagna but still extremely good! 
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound hamburger, browned and drained
  • 1 pound hamburger, browned and drained
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 7 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
  • 4 ounces pepperoni
  • 1 small can mushrooms
  • 2 (14 oz) cans pizza sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
Directions
Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper, oregano & Worcestershire sauce. Drain. Cook macaroni and drain. Place macaroni on bottom layer of crock pot, add 1 can pizza sauce, then layer the remaining ingredients – ground beef/onion/pepper, then the second can of pizza sauce, then the mushrooms, then the mozzarella cheese, and finally the pepperoni on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Don’t stir. Cook on LOW for 4 hrs.

  1. I know I will use this recipe again and again! The boys love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment